Friday, September 10

Gaming

So I'm trying to figure out how to post about gaming and make my post upbeat.

I like what Stacy is trying to do in regards to opening the channels of communication between players. I think the biggest problem our group has, is that we need to communicate to each other with more respect. It's ok to joke around, don't get me wrong, but a better respect for individuals is in order.

Enough negative thoughts for today :)

Here's a list of positives for each player. Alphebetically of course ;)

~ Stacy/Brother Lucius : You are the peacemaker of the group. The mediator and diplomatic one in many arguements. You are usually in a good mood (or at least not a bad one) when you come to game. As far as rulemongering goes, you look up the facts, lay them out, and then let people decide what to do with the information. Personally I find that approach very helpful.

~Sean/Tobin : The organizer of the group. As an expirienced DM/Storyteller, you know what to do to help Dan keep the game running smoothly. Which is noticed and appreciated by him. Battlemap organizer, initiative controller and treasure counter (at least in the past...) These are all jobs that nobody else wants, but if it didn't get done we wouldn't be able to play. Let's all take a moment to really appreciate Sean.

~Scott/Rex : The nOob of the group. As a new gamer, Scott has a lot to learn about a very complicated system. He has an active imagination, and I can see him as being a good roleplayer once he learns the ropes and figures out where he fit's in. I'd like to get him a button that says "Please be patient, I'm new" for gaming :)


I do have one issue right now, but it isn't gaming related. I guess now is the time to address it, so I'll be sending an email out to the individual involved :)

Peace
T

Edit It has been mentioned to me that Kevin not being included in this list might give people the wrong impression. I was simply trying to give everyone still playing the game a little boost. However, just because Kev has stepped down, it doesn't mean I don't still love him...So...

~Kevin/Wizzbang : The party Tactician. Kevin is very good at planning how an encouter should go, keeping in mind charecters assets and flaws and how to counter balance them. (This is much appreciated, because my idea of tactics is to summon a celestial badger and get captured by pirates) Wizzbang is one of the more discriptive and well played PC's in the group and we will sorely miss him and his Wand of Wonder. Kev is also our secondary numbers guy. He takes up the slack when Sean gets frustrated. He is another expirienced player and DM(I assume, I actually don't know if you DM) and is a huge help to Dan in the organizing and running of the game. He also has lots of sourcebooks...lots and lots :)

I'm not going to write anything more about this, I'd rather go to beerfest and do the "I love you man" drunk speech...It's more amusing that way ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Already trying to give all my tasks back to Sean eh?

heheh

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hold yer horses, I'm getting to you ;p

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...shucks!! You're makin' me blush and all with those comments!!! ;)

Stacy

Anonymous said...

What about me......Don't I get a write up.



GOD

Sylentlucidity said...

No
Do your own stinkin' write up :p