Just a quick post on Beerfest. Most of you were there anyways, so I don't have anything to say that you don't already know :)
Q. When all was said and done, what was your favorite beer?
Personally I really enjoy blond/pale ales, and I don't think anyone else there did. My favorite was the Wild Seed stuff from Tree Breweries (at least I think that was what it was called). The Arctic Ale from Swans was really smooth too.
~~~
Part of drinking for me is the hangover, and intense feelings of mortified embarressment, whether I desearve them or not ;) The good part is that after the hangover subsides, I forget most of the prior occasion...Sooo, I apologize to everyone in general in regards to any behavior or verbal diarhia I may have lost control of. Please don't tell me about it, I don't actually want to know. (I do have vague memories of checking to see if the biker guy wearing the kilt was going commando or not, I don't remember what answer I came up with.)
6 comments:
Blackberry Porter - Cannery Brewary
Mmmm Porter with Blackberry ... on one hand so wrong ... on the other so yummy!
Kevin
I may have not been there, but at the Okanagan Beer Fest they had to beat me away with a stick from the Crannog Back Hand of God Stout (available at Christy's for those in Vic). I hate the fact that the damn hippies make my beer!
bill
**laugh** Nice comment Bill!!! You DO realize how close to Castlegar and Nelson you are there, right? They don't take kindly to those 'hippy' comments **grin** Backwater people that they are ;)
And I can talk about hippies...having been one myself once, so there! :P
**grin**
Ummm...I enjoyed the Swan's Arctic Ale too...they've had it at everyone Beerfest I've gone to...shame we never get to Swan's to partake though! :(
As for others...I wasn't overly fond of the Espresso Stout from Steamworks...far too bitter for me...I'm more of an amber ale fan, so going that dark was a bit much.
I know Evie was a HUGE fan of the Pumpkin Ale from Steamworks, as well as the Cooler/Ale from Alley Kat...Actually, the 'Frozzen'(name/sp??) from Steamworks was quite good...going to have to pick some up next time I'm in Van :)
I STILL can't believe I stood in line for over an hour (and yes, I know it probably wasn't that long, but alcohol distorts time ;) ) for a cooler! Why did none of you jackals tell me!!! **laugh** Better yet, I got TWO of them ;)
Shaymus
I have to go with Kevin that Blackberry Porter was wicked!
The best beer was Back Hand of God from Crannog. Not really a surprise since that is where Kevin and I finished our tokens the previous year.
The surprise of the event was the Blackberry Porter from Cannery. Seemed to me (now I was drunk already) that it would be a great Porter served out of the fridge on a hot summer day. Not something I usually think about Porters and Stouts.
The biggest dissappointment to me was Blackheart Oatmeal Stout from Nelson. Still one of my favourite beverages but it just didn't taste good at Beer Fest. Maybe a previous beer had affected my palatte...
Wormy
Yep, I was disappointed by the Blackheart Oatmeal Stout as well ... very disappointed. I hope it was merely a line and/or transport issue otherwise one of my favourite brand of beer has just slide down the list a fair bit.
Kevin
Post a Comment