Friday, September 17

Elf Sorcerer and Halfling Ranger?

So if we can change gaming nights to Fridays, we will see one of the rarest phenomena in gaming...

...A girl gamer!!!

It seems like forever since Leanne and Shannon gamed with us, and before that? Well there were no other girls to game with before that. It's funny how all three of us sort of got nudged into gaming by our men...is there a reason why girls don't take an interest in roleplaying on thier own? Maybe it only seems that way. But I don't see any girls out there wanting to play for any other reason. It's not a bad thing...just strange.

Nothing against playing with all guys either, I just can appreciate another estrogen fueled player to counter-balance all of the testosterone that flies during our sessions.

Anyways, April is interested in playing...Yay!

If we play on Friday nights then Randy and April are both available (as is Scott for the whole session).

So here is me begging ....please, please, please can I have a girl to play with? I won't break her...I promise*

Tina

*Routine elusive comment aimed at Sean and his colorful imagination...I have to reward him for being party accountant somehow :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hello!! No girl gamers??!! What am I, chopped liver? grumble grumble grumble... Ok, so I might not have campaigned with you guys but I have gamed in the past. These kid-things keep getting in the way, unfortunately :-(

Anonymous said...

Gaming news for us as well, we are in a group and Leanne is not the only female. We have a little goth girl as well. Leanne is a halfling barbarian, and I am playing a dwarven ranger. We had our first session tonight, felt weird not seeing the bag of nibs and Dan and Tina across the table. Oh well, just think of me everytime there is a character death and think to yoursevles, hmmm, what would bilbo do?

b

Anonymous said...

Gaming news for us as well, we are in a group and Leanne is not the only female. We have a little goth girl as well. Leanne is a halfling barbarian, and I am playing a dwarven ranger. We had our first session tonight, felt weird not seeing the bag of nibs and Dan and Tina across the table. Oh well, just think of me everytime there is a character death and think to yoursevles, hmmm, what would bilbo do?

b

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the gaming group B & L! And a goth girl? Gotta like that...surprised it's not a Vamp campaign though...gotta fight the sterotypes ;)

ACTUALLY...was kinda neat...worked the symphony this past weekend, and there were about a dozen people who came into the theatre LARPing Vamp! **laugh** An interesting experience for me, as I knew what was going on...other people were just frightened **grin**

As an aside...is the goth girl single? Or is she playing with a signifigant other? Evie and I have been having a conversation (ongoing) which says that girls only get into gaming BECAUSE of boys...I'm lookin' for counter examples to her argument...our group doesn't help though :( **laugh**

Anonymous said...

not sure if she is single, she was brought along with a young gentlemen (who is head storyteller for the larp group down here). They didn't seem overly affectionate ie, dating but who knows. We figure that she is familiar with the larp system and wanted to try a little traditional gaming. An odd but good group, compounded by the fact that we play in the back room of a coffee shop. Wished I liked coffee.

b

Anonymous said...

Hey! How did I get picked on here? Fine, I deserve it.

Wormy