The story from the Times Colonist. Found on page B2
September 21 2004
Fourteen computer CDs containing still images and video child pornography were among items seized from a Colwood man's residence when it was searched by West Shore RCMP in October 2002, Crown counsel Robin Baird told B.C. Supreme Court Monday.
RCMP, acting on information provided by Victoria Police, obtained a search warrant and searched the basement suite occupied by Peter Doherty, of Wale Rd.
Police found the computer disks in a dresser drawer. An unregistered .38 revolver was also found in the dresser, Baird said. Two hard drives seized by police were also found to contain child pornography. Doherty has pleaded not guilty to possession of child pornography and possession of an unregistered weapon.
The B.C. Supreme Court trial went into voir dire Monday - a trial within a trial process used to discuss the legality of evidence.
~ TC staff
1 comment:
God, that is scary. We had a similar experience with a guy in our condo who was convicted in a military court of possessing child porn. I always swore to Joe I was a little creeped out by him, and I have to admit I'm not the best judge of character. Scarier still, he now goes by a new name and is on the strata council for the condominium. We still get minutes and he is still demanding keys for emergency access to all suites.
I would seriously kill anyone who hurt my kids...
Post a Comment