Yesterday I went to Camosun again and spoke with Linda about my EPT results. I have to admit that it was a bit of an ego boost :) On the multiple choice area I scored a total of 116/120 !!! Which puts me in college level courses. Linda was just excited that I scored so highly with only a grade 7 English (the last level that I passed, pre-dropout).
My essay writing was another thing. 8/15 :( I'm using the excuse that it isn't something that I've done in ages...Because when she was going over it all I kept having to give my head a shake. Things like context...Keeping it to third person instead of jumping around, and using "they" and "it" instead of spelling out who and what they/it was. For example, "They use it as a new creative outlet." instead of, "The students now use TV watching and video game playing as a new creative outlet."
Anyways, I rewrite the essay on Friday.
The problem with college courses, is that they aren't as flexible as upgrading courses. I was looking for something that I could do from home. Maybe I'll have to look into Open Learning...
No comments:
Post a Comment