Tuesday, June 1

What I did for my summer vacation

I'm having trouble getting back into the blogging groove after my absence. I've uploaded a bunch of photo's from this weekends outing...We had a nice walk down the Goose to Penelope's Bookstore and picked up most of the books that Dan was missing in the Drizzt series. Then up the hiway for a stop at Burger King. And home for naps and an afternoon of playing in the kiddy pool. A very good day in family-land :)

~~~

Since there won't be any gaming again this week...Here is what Aurora does during the 6 month downtime.

*
"Well, you know that I stuck around the Grand Temple for awhile. WizzBang was still there, and I wanted to be sure he was treated with respect while he studied. But I met the neatest gentleman one day while out walking in the gardens. He was out in the gardens studying Pelore's light as it was "refracted" through a crystal. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. The light split into the most startling colors across the wall of the chapel. I spoke with the gentleman at length that afternoon until an acolyte fetched me in for service. He too had met an emissary of Pelore! It had become his life's goal to meditate on the miracles. He hoped to serve Pelore better by gaining a better understanding of his will.

I tried to speak with him again over the next month. But whenever I sat down with him for tea, Mother would summon me away to do some task for her. When I asked her about him, she shrugged and told me it was sweet that I was taking an interest in such an obscure philosophy! After that I really couldn't be bothered to stick around any longer. Stating an excuse (I needed to give my condolences to the families of my fallen friends) I packed up and left. I forwarded the gifts I received from her to the Citadel. In the city I hired a troop of soldiers for the day, and made a show of visiting the former homes of the ranger, the archer, and the sorceress. I bore gifts and invitations out to the Citadel. Where they could live a better life if they desired. Kit was nowhere to be found, and I fear that she is up to some sort of mischief...She always is. After that, I took the guardian offered by the temple, and traveled north. Meeting up with Tirith and Ormer in the Esdon area. We made a good effort to purge the area of undead. I returned here on schedule leaving them with only a little mopping up to do."
"How about you guys?"
*email it to me, and I'll post it :)

No comments: