Tuesday, June 22

Megatokyo

I have a bad neurosis when it comes to "popular" and acclaimed forms of entertainment. I usually have to force myself to read, watch, or listen to whatever it is. Whether it's listening to a symphony, watching the Godfather (or Starwars...) or reading Forgotten Realms, I always drag my heels. In the end it's always worth the effort, popular opinion always wins out. But I still feel dirty, like I've sold out to peer pressure or something.

Dan sort of has the same thing when it comes to video games...He doesn't like to play anything that I like to play...Not because it isn't good, but because he wants to do it first. To be the first to discover plot twists, and the first to reach 20th level...

Megatokyo is one of those comics that everybody links too. I avoided reading it for years, but I picked it up a couple of weeks ago. It's just as good as everybody says...I like what they say about the gaming community, and especially girls in games and girls who play games.

Read it, you know you want to.

No comments: