Sunday, June 13

Love and War and Garlic

The garlic feast was really good. I made the mistake of doubling the recipe since there was more then twice the amount of servings being dealt out, but apparently it could have been done with much less garlic...But I still really liked it. It was a lot of garlic with a steak and fries on the side, very tasty. We still have some of the sauce left over, and I'll be putting it in spaghetti, chili, and whatever else for a week.

The house smells like garlic...Not so bad when you aren't hungover, but still...

Yesterday I soaked in the tub for an hour, then took a shower and scrubbed, then used body lotion, talcum power, perfume...Brushed my teeth, gargled with Listerine. Scented hair mist...And I still had to hide in a corner at a kids birthday party because I smelt so bad of garlic. Although, at that same party there was a German/English dictionary on one of the shelves...Graf is a title, like Count. So the recipe is for "Count Dracula" not "Anti-Dracula", like I was led to believe...Even if it's a better name for it :)

We played Game of Thrones last night with Scott and Michele. It took a little bit to sort out, but once Dan got us organized it was pretty straight forwards. Dan says it's similar to a game called Diplomacy. I think it captures the spirit of the books very well. I really enjoyed it :)

In another post I'd like to prophesies how I think things will go in the next book. But I don't have the time today...

No comments: