Thursday, June 24

Essential Parental Cliches

I've used more then a few of these. Not all of them on my children ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was your age we...

Because you're the child and I'm the parent

Life isn't fair

When you're the parent, you'll make the rules

They call it bed time for a reason

Do I have to come up/in/over there?

You're bored? I'm Mom, nice to meet you.

Just a few more minutes/miles

Don't make me tell you again

That's twice, three strikes and you're out

You make a better door then a window

Eat your vegetables

So, I guess you don't like dessert anymore?

Because it's my house

Because it's my car

Because I'm the parent

Just because

I can't wait until you have kids

Can you keep the noise down to a dull roar?

Are you trying to heat/cool the whole neighborhood?

Money doesn't grow on trees

I'll give you something to cry about

Maybe

You'll spoil your dinner

Find something to do

Do you have something you want to tell me about?

You won't be happy until someone loses an eye

If _____ jumped off a bridge, would you?

I hope your kids are just like you

When I was your age, we didn't have...

This is why we can't have nice things

You're not going out looking like that

No son/daughter of mine is...

This is going to hurt me more then it hurts you

Do you want to catch pneumonia?

This is why I have grey hair

You have nothing to do? I'll give you something to do

There are kids starving in...

Because it's good for you

Don't make me ask you again

The food left on your plate could feed a small village in...

Your face is going to stay like that

Too bad, so sad

Go to your room to cry

Because I said so

While you're under my roof, you'll follow my rules

Children should be seen and not heard

Don't make me pull this car over

Go ask your father/mother

No comments: