So this is supposed to be a quick post in response to Krista's last comment (Hi Krista!) But I've just finished drinking a cup of caffeinated tea and it's effecting me a lot worse than usual...so we'll see if I can make this into a full-on ramble :)
A lot has been going on with me and the family, health-wise. Mostly me though since Dan has an incredible immune system and it looks like the kids have inherited the antibodies (or whatever it is that fights off bacteria). I had this sinus infection/cold thing for about a week and a half...Dan had a sore throat for a couple of hours, the kids sniffled for a day. It left me pretty drained, and not very interested in blogging...unless people actually WANT to hear the gory details, in which I then have a lot to tell you about mucus. I love that word...mucus.Then during that period I was supposed to blog about gaming, but I think for now I'll leave all game related stuff for Dan to talk about, as he has plans I'm sure.And Saturday I managed to give myself food poisoning from leftovers that had been recycled to many times...Turkey dinner -> turkey soup -> Rice casserole which the kids thankfully turned their noses up at. I'll spare the details. In the last 48 hours I've eaten a couple of pieces of toast, lot's of water and Gatorade, and a cup of (apparently) caffinated tea at the neighbors house. Even though I've dropped 5 lbs, I don't recommend food poisoning as a dieting technique to anyone. The most fun was last night when I got the shakes and hallucinated about being covered in blue nets. Don't ask why cause I just don't know. There were a couple of times that I seriously considered making Dan drive me to the hospital. But if I was having that much trouble at home, I can't believe that being at the hospital would be any better. The last two times I was there were for Liam and Teresa's births. They call the maternity ward the "Happy" ward...If that's happy, then I don't want to see their "Unhappy" wards! Anyways, I'm feeling much better now. Tomorrow I should be able to eat again. Or at least eat toast, meat still makes me queasy. Mentally I'm still a little flaky (as you can probably tell by now)and will probably continue to be so until I get more nutrients into my system. My stomach has to agree with me before I can do that :( Tomorrow I'll just take it easy and watch back-episodes of Desperate Housewives that Jean-Marc was nice enough to lend me :) What else.....Oh! Dan and my anniversary is on Tuesday, we're going to a Jamaican restaurant on Yates to celebrate :) I've no idea what the restaurant is called, but the review was in the paper on Friday, and it sounds really good. I bought two tickets to see Green Day in Vancouver to celebrate our anniversary :) The concert isn't till September, a week after Stacy and Evie's wedding, so it'll be a busy month for us :) Um...Oh yeah! Congrats Sylvia for making the news! Sylvia made it into the Weekend Edition for taking the "Bike to work" challenge. Her picture is on A7 I think. She raced a co-worker (who was in a car, Sylvia was on a bike) and made it to work a minute ahead of her friend. Just goes to show, if people are in such a hurry to get somewhere, maybe they should bike! I know, I know, it isn't always practical to bike. But if only the infrastructure was there (like showers at the workplace). I think that's all for now, sorry it took so long to post, but I'm sure it'll happen again from time to time :p
Peace
Tina
No comments:
Post a Comment