So dinner last night was really good. The restaurant is called "The Reef" and was quite the hopping little place on a Tuesday night. Dan had never had Jamaican food before, so I was a little worried when I glanced over the menu and only saw one burger...but he took a chance and ordered the "Ackee and Salt Fish" and was blown away :)
I've been a big fan of the Jamaican jerk since I lived in Guelph...(after bar food there was bought from a Jamaican Patty wagon instead of Mr.Tubesteak stand) I've been looking for something like this in Victoria since I got back. When I read the review in last Thursdays paper I knew we had to go. Tragically, they've been in business for 2 years...and I never knew!
Dan is raving about it, and would like to go back on a Saturday when there are live dj's and music...not to mention the Shaftsbury 420 jokes.
After dinner we wandered around downtown and stopped to buy a cigar to share. When Dan inevitably got too cold we drove around James Bay and talked about life. It was really good. We don't get to spend a lot of time together like that anymore and I'm really happy that we did :)
Thanks for the great evening Dan. Thanks for the last 4 years. I love you!
5 comments:
I'm glad you two had a good time. I love getting to go out on dates with my hubby, it doesn't happen often enough for us either. Nice new look btw, I love it!
I did it again! Somehow whenever I change the look of my blog I manage to break the commenting system :( Now it's back up but I've lost all past comments again...
Do you like the new look?
I think the comments are different now as well...to post a comment if you aren't an assimilated member of blogger (Resistance is futile) tick "other" below.
happy belated anniversary :-) give me a call when I'm back in Vic (saturday) and we should get together!
Happy Anniversary indeed! :) *yay* you guys!
Oh, and yes, the new look is spiffy. :D
Post a Comment