I finally finished the Necrons for Paul. I'm very impressed with myself today, they turned out even better after applying the coat of varnish. The colors just seemed to POP off of the figures. Very shiny, I'm happy :) The owner of the Game Factory, who I got the contract through was also impressed. He said the only problem he could see with the figures was how little I was charging for them...That was a real ego boost for me...Coming from a man who was an artist with Disney before opening a gaming store. Even just writing that, I can feel my head get bigger...Quick somebody pop my bubble before I go into orbit ;)
Price-wise, I don't really care...yet. At the moment I am painting because I enjoy it a lot, and I enjoy the complements I receive when I do well (so keep them coming please!). After working long thankless days as a stay-at-home mother/mediocre housewife. It's nice to have something that has immediate job satisfaction. I guess ego is everything :) However, Paul has a very large order coming up this Friday. As I paint them, they are going on display at the store (stop by and take a boo). If another client were to become interested I would seriously consider raising my prices. $2 an hour (which is what it works out to be) for something as easy as robotic skeletons isn't a big deal, but anything else and I'll have to really think about what to charge.
~~~
In other news, Dan and I took Liam to the Tall Ships Festival. After paying $15 each for wrist bands, we weren't impressed with the organization of the event at all. If you are planning on going, apparently the thing to do is get the $5 pass and hop on the harbor tour for $16. They do a much better job of explaining the boats, and you will actually get to see the ships up close.
2 comments:
So how come there's no pics of your fabulous work???? I wanna see too!!! :)
Because I forgot to take pictures :(
And sign them, I can't believe I forgot to sign them :(
Post a Comment