Liam has nightmares sometimes and needs someone to go in and rub his back til he falls asleep again. That's Dans job. When Liam comes stumbling into our room at 3 am speaking in urgent syllables that neither of us can understand. That's my job.
After a minute of incoherence I pick three words out of the air "Big" "Bad" "Man". Oh, OK, he's back. I pull on my Super Mom outfit (fuzzy blue robe with kitties on it) and march down the hall to Liam's dark room, all business.
In a loud whisper so we don't wake Teresa, who is sleeping in the next room, "OK Liam, can you show me where he is?"
Liam points to a dark corner beside his bed, "There".
And then he starts pointing around the room quickly, "and there's ant there, and there and there and there and there."
I see, we're surrounded.
"OK Liam, quickly jump into bed and I'll make you safe."
Liam hops into bed and I tuck him in, making sure that the covers go up under his chin. Then I turn to use my SuperMom powers.
I look Big Bad Man straight in the eye and say "OK, it's time for you to go, Liam needs to sleep" and I grab his arm and usher him out the door. SuperMom doesn't take no for an answer.
Then I get to work on the ants. I crouch down and push them all out the door (they are about the size of small dogs) saying "Shoo! It's Liams' bedtime and you're bugging him".
Once they are all out the door, properly scolded and scurrying away. I tell them to "Stay Out!"
After the show is over I sit next to Liam to show him it's safe and ask him if there was anything else he needed. The answer is usually "Wa-ter" which I provide after stumbling around in the dark looking for his drink cup.
A kiss on the forehead and an "I love you, goodnight" later, and my job here is done! Being a SuperMom is lots of fun sometimes :)
8 comments:
Totally with you on that one!!! Sounds like the monsters I use to have to kick out of Zach's room. Every night before bed he would tell me how many to kick out, usually ten!! We haven't done it for a while, maybe that explains the recent rash of nightmares? Isn't playing super mom great!!! I even put super mom down on an entry form as my occupation recently!
This is one of those posts you should save...give it another year or two, and these are the things you will miss most about your kids as they both grow up :)
Also..you want to save this to bring up at Liams' wedding! Embarrassment never gets much better than this **grin**
Shaymus Bane
Yay SuperMom!!!!!! :)
Does this mean you'll be wearing spandex and a cape soon? ;)
Only in my role as SuperWife!
*LMAO*
ummm......!
Yeah, I know...Dan lookes much better in the spandex than I do ;)
Nah... You've got a MUCH better ass! ;)
In that I actually have one? ;p
Post a Comment