Yesterday was Dan's one day weekend. Now he switches back to Monday to Friday schedule.
However, yesterday I was deserted for a D&D miniatures tournament that went from 11:15 till 6:30. (It actually was 12 till 6, but I was on my own between the former hours). Since it was just me and the kids, we went for a long walk over to the shop where the tourny was held. We took the boys some lunch, spent some money, and made our way over to the video store.
Liam and Teresa got "Elmo has two hands, two ears and two feet" which was as annoying as predicted. For the family we got "Brother Bear" which hasn't been watched yet. For the adults we got "The full ten yards", "Kill Bill, vol 2", and "Cold Mountain".
"The full ten yards" hasn't been watched yet, but Dan and I watched "the full nine yards" last week. I really love the first one, hopefully the sequel doesn't let me down.
I'm not sure why "Cold Mountain" got a academy award. I mean it's good for what it is...a bodice ripper on screen, but nothing about it jumped out at me as being all that cutting edge or even interesting. I cried, but then I usually do. Most movies have a strong message, and I respond to it.
I say most movies have a message because I'm not really sure what the point of "Kill Bill" was. The first volume was all about the action and ultraviolence, and I actually liked it for that. If the second one was about plot and dialog it wasn't bad on the one, but really fell down on the other. Usually you can count on Quinten at least for some interesting dialog...but Superman's alter ego isn't anything very profound in my books. I guess the movie was making fun of a genre, and definately succeded in that, but he could have done so much more with it.
Found the prefect birthday present for Bilbo *evil grin*
~~~
Oh yeah, congrats on the tournament Dan, Scott, Randy and Stacy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment