Monday, August 30

Four Leaf Clover

So it's been awhile...

It was really good to see Bill and Leanne. To bad they brought out the rain with them, but we just ignored it anyways :)

The benefit concert last weekend (ok, the weekend before last) was tons of fun. I haven't let go and danced like that in ages. Of course I realized how old I'm getting, when instead of waiting for a second wind at 2 am, I just went and laid down in the van. It was nice to just sit alone and listen to the music. I am very rarely alone...all by myself anymore. Kids kind of make that impossible.

We got a new bedroom set the very next day, so I'm kinda glad I took the chance to get some sleep. Congrats Sylvia! On moving in with Mike :)

Camping this weekend at Lizard Lake was a hoot. It rained all weekend, but we had tarps and alcohol...and fire. There was just us there this time. The ranger said that it's been a slow summer out there...I feel for the guy, it must be a dull job sometimes.

On the way back in, Dan, Leanne and I wondered why they don't "officially" put a road thru between Port Renfrew and Cowichan?
1. It would improve traffic to both comunities, not to mention the whole west shore of the island.
2. When times were though in either comunities, they could commute and take up fishing or millwork (or logging)
3. It bypasses the Malahat. The government could call it "The Scenic Way".
I just love the way that every time the Malahat shuts down, they have to deny the "myths" that there is anouther way to get down the island. I guess they worry that people will get lost on the back roads....Proper signage would fix that.

In other news...Dan has bought me a house in West Van...or Bear Mountain...or a Corvette... mmm ..

I found a four leaf clover on the way out to Lizard Lake. I gave it to Dan's Dad to replace the last one I found for him :)


4 comments:

Sylentlucidity said...

Three new pics of Liam, Tessa, and Brendan in my pictures section

Anonymous said...

I know that lottery well!

Good luck, not quite as much luck as I have hopefully but second prize is nice too :)

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Has anyone not bought tickets for the lottery that wants to? Maybe we could split up a three pack?

Wormy

Anonymous said...

I havn't bought tickets...I'm sure Evie and I would be perhaps interested...

I'm sure we can talk more tonight?

Shaymus