Monday, August 30

Beautiful

I wish I could write like this. What a beautiful soul.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big words != beauty...

Truly, I think that the writing you do is more poignant (see? I can use big words too!) and 'true' than what you give yourself credit for...

Besides...from MY illiterate perspective (**grin**) the TRUE purpose of the written word, is to get the 'idea' and 'feeling' across to the reader...and in that you succeed amazingly well!

When you go into a rant, you can SEE the angst and frustration sloughing off the computer screen like so much dead skin!

Just my thoughts...

Shaymus

Anonymous said...

Sorry Juliann for the slight...as you correctly inferred, I was showing support for Sylent...but it was poor form of me to comment on you to do so.

I apologize for the comment...I hadn't meant it as a reflection on you personally, but more as an affirmation for Sylent.

I am sorry if I offended you by my comment, as that was not my intent at all.

Shaymus

Anonymous said...

"maybe i'm not the big-worded ignoramus lacking 'idea' and 'feeling.'"

I think you've totally gotten me all wrong...as well as the comment I made to Sylent...the only comment I had made pertaining to you, was in regards to your word usage....I never said anything about your content, or your intellect.

As for the 'cut' I made at you, there were in fact two cuts...one in regards to your word usage, which I have apologized for, and one to myself in regards to my literacy...I think that the blog that Sylent keeps is great! In fact, I'm reminded of journals and notepads I used to keep as well, and am somewhat jealous that she has her blog as an outlet, where I let my writing die....thus my illiteracy comment.

And I have read your blog, and you do get the 'idea' and 'feeling' across...but once again, I wasn't commenting on your content...the only jibe I poked at you was your word use...

And I think that by poking fun at myself, I wasn't utilizing the worst means of glorifying Sylent...my entire comment was meant as light hearted, and good-natured jest, and that jest didn't even include you...at least not in the sense that you perceived.

The horror of the written word, is that the subtle tones and facial expressions you get in a face to face interaction are lost...guess that's why emoticons have grown in popularity...to try and express what the screen cannot...take my comments as you will, but you've gone WAY off base if you think I was saying you have no feeling, or that your ideas are not true, or that you are an ignoramus.

Shaymus