We had one of those "incidents" yesterday. You know the ones...a two year old left alone...the center of chaos...mayhem and havoc insues.
We were having a good day yesterday. Everybody was getting along. Liam was behaving himself, and was interested in learning things instead of resisting anything he could. I was getting ready to go out and take the movies back, and was emailing Leanne back about the strip. Liam was playing nicely with Tess outside in the sandbox so I figured I had a moment.
5 minutes later I came running upstairs to Liam shouting "Mommy, broken!" At first I thought he was talking about his watering can again. But after looking around I noticed the 2 litre jug of bubble solution that had been almost full a few minutes ago, laying on it's side with the cap off.
Empty
A large soapy puddle on my livingroom carpet.
We were having a good day though, and Liam felt really bad about it. So instead of giving in and screaming...or crying...I just gave him a hug and sent him back outside.
It took me at least an hour, most likely more, with the carpet cleaner to get it all out. (Thanks for the loan of your carpet cleaner Wilma).
Now it's the cleanest spot of carpet I've ever seen :)
No comments:
Post a Comment