This is for Sean, who wanted to know where I got my background information from as far as the Kings of France thing goes. A year or so ago, I was researching tid bits here and there on the internet for inspiration in Demon:the Fallen. A story that I Storytold for a very brief time. I came across this alternative news site called The Daily Grail which was basically a post board where the readers would keep their eyes on newspapers world-wide, and send in anything odd, interesting or of archeological significance. The site has been swallowed now by a bigger magazine, but it's still around if that sort of thing interests you.
Anyways one of the stories I hit on was on "Rennes-le-Chateau". Basically a knights Templar conspiracy theory with descendents of Christ thrown in for good measure. If you do a google search you come up with tons of wack job sites on it. Also try "Merovingian Kings" - they claimed the story about Magdalene was true and they were Christ's descendents. "Tour Magdala", "Arcadia", "Visigoth", and "Carolingian" (The first two are places, and the last two are conquerers who married into the line). But those names are really there for you so you'll play them in Europa Universalis II ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment