Monday, March 29

Cefir (Cleric)

Here's the background story of Randy's new character (by Randy of course). I thought it was a great piece of creative writing, and it goes well with what I wrote on the death of his last character ;)


As long as I can remember I've been surrounded by elves. My earliest
memories are of my mother singing to me softly as I cried, but for all my
efforts I can't remember why I was crying, but the song sticks in my head
and to think of it still makes me drowsy. As I grew older I came to realize
I was unlike my elven brethren, I could never climb as far, run as fast or
sing as clearly. Not that my childhood was a disappointment, in fact it was
full of wonder and whimsy. My teenage years on the other hand...
Growing Older I often felt anger I couldn't explain whereas my
contemporaries remained calm and contemplative I often felt the need to
question everything and act out in an aggressive manor, little did I know
puberty was upon me. One day when playing games with my brothers playing
orcs and elves, I was always an orc, one of the boys hit me too hard with
his stick and knocked me to the ground and when he bent over to see if I was
Ok I rose up in a rage I've never felt before and knocked him to the ground
and began to hit him with my stick, it took the other youths to pull me off
him, upon regaining my control I realized that my friend was unconscious and
I ran away in fear and confusion and hid in the woods. Know knowing the
futility of hiding in the woods from elves I may have picked a better
place to hide; My father found me and brought me back to the village it was
then I started to hear the word "Human" being used to describe me. Confused,
I asked what a Human was and then with a sad look in his eye my father told
me it was time to learn the truth. The truth as to why I looked different
from everyone, the truth as to why I grew hair on my face and no one else
did, the truth about my past and the reason as to why my earliest memories
where of tears.
They told me of an elven patrol to which my parents belonged and
their discovery of an orcish war party who had just finished decimating a
Human caravan of which I was a part of; apparently my adoptive parents had
saved me from the cookpot. Rather than leave me to the elements they chose
to adopt me and raise as their own. My current issues with rage was my human
heritage coming to bear. In penance for my beating of my friend I chose to
devote my life to Corellon Larethian, the God of the elves, to atone for my acts
against the people who gave me life, and in the future would provide me with
my vengeance against those who took my real parents from me.


Thanks Randy :)

No comments: