Friday, March 26

Multiple Personality Day !

Lucky you guys! I'm going to let you know all of the things I do in a day, and the corresponding personas I put on to get the job done :) This of course is in honor of my theme song (see earlier post).

Persona 1: Oscar the Grouch

5 am: There's this irritating buzzing in my ear. I turn over and tell Dan to turn off his stupid alarm already. He tells me that it's not his alarm, and then rolls back over. Oh. I drag my butt out of bed and turn on the hall light so I can see to get dressed. And then slouch downstairs to where Scott is waiting to go do papers. We don't talk except in monosyllables. It's cold, it's dark, it sucks. When I get to the gym I stare at the floor and avoid all eye contact. The people there respect that, possibly from an instinctual sense of self-preservation.

Persona 2: Pollyanna

6:45 am: I leave the gym...My heart rate is up, and so is the sun! The last rays from sunrise are illuminating some feathery clouds in the distance. The song birds are up and chipping merrily. The sun is warming the ground and drying the morning dew off the grass. What a beautiful day!

Persona 3: Mom

Multitasker, breakfast maker, diaper changer, boo-boo kisser, scolder, hugger, dance instructor, teacher, photographer...The list goes on and on

Persona 4: Sylentlucidity

I take a break from Liam and his trucks, to run downstairs and write a post or read a comment. It gives me a social outlet besides talking to children.

More to come............

No comments: