Friday, March 19

Curves

Today is Friday, which means Grandma Dorthy has the afternoon off. Which also means that I get a lot of stuff done that was impossible during the week because of the kids being a handful. She usually comes out on Fridays and takes one or both of them off of my hands. Today I plan on signing up at Curves. For those of you who don't know what that is...it's a women's only fitness club that has been popping up all over the place. I was talking with Evie about it the other night, and she sold me on it.

Summer is comming on quick here, it's a benefit to living where I do. And this year I'd actually like to wear skirts and maybe a bikini again. I have a lot of work to do to get there. I'm not saying that I think I'm very overweight, but when I walk into any mall, the stores here say differently.

It really surprises me that the fashion industry is still this ignorant. Even with the looming "obesity epidemic" in North America they continue to create fashions that are only availible to a small portion of the body types out there. How did we go from THIS to THIS in such a short period of time? When I walk into a store and look for cloths in my size (the same size as popular propagana claims Marilyn was) I find that they are usually sold out. I asked one sales woman what the deal was, and she shugged. Extra large and sizes 16 to 18 are always the first to sell out. Most stores don't carry anything over a size 18, and some don't even carry that. Where do obese (and not so obese) people buy thier cloths?

So anyways I feel like THIS most of the time when I leave the house. So something needs to be done about my self-image. I guess we'll see if this Curves thing works out when summer flies around the corner

No comments: