I've no idea where to begin...
I could cut to the chase and talk about what's been bothering me lately, but then you wouldn't get to hear about what I've been up to lately. Or I could write a long post detailing my mundane albeit eventful life over the past three weeks, but do you really want to hear about what color paint chips I decided on and why? Really?
I guess I'll give you guys a little closure on the whole flooding thing. It sucked. Badly. For about a week we had fans going 24/7 drying the place out. After it was done though, we found out that we really didn't have a lot of damage. The path that the water took through the house was the best way it could have gone, causing the least amount of damage :)
We now have professionally cleaned carpets upstairs, newly painted walls in the upstairs hall and bathroom and a portion of our laminate flooring paid for :)
The main floor of our house is a whole new area :) It was due to our already planned renos though, and not a restoration crew. I'll post pictures soon...
The kids have been behaving well through all of this if a little antsy for their old routine back. Liam has reached an age where he is testing his (and my) limits, I have to say that I can't wait for this faze to be over :( Teresa has a few words now, more notably "NO!", "done", "bye" and something that sounds like "please". She gets very excited when Dan leaves for work because she gets to say "kiss" and give everyone kisses whether they want them or not. Liam usually doesn't.
I've been combining my new obsession with Feng Shui with my need for a good spring cleaning. I think that the next free weekend we have we should throw a garage sale...Maybe someone out there will want to buy some of our clutter.
~~~
So on to the rant you've been waiting for...I'll keep it brief because as usual, Dan will get bruised feelings if I let go with both barrels here.
The death of my character upset me...a lot. It's not that I think that she should be immortal or anything, but the politic and rules around bringing her back seem to be more of a deterrent then anything else. Drop a level and loose 15200xp or 2 points in Con and between 5,000 and 10,000 gp (at least, before mark-up), not to mention any other ordeal that the party would have to go through to get it done...When I finally come back (if anyone can cast the spell without failure) I'll be spending the rest of my life boot licking because Wizzbang will insist on being recompensed (I already owe him most of my money right now for that stupid ring). And then...what's to stop it from happening again the next time we get in a big battle..."Oh look! There's a cleric standing by herself over there! Get her!" and it starts all over again :(
If it wasn't for the fact that I've played Aurora for over 2 years now and I've become attached to her (some weeks she's the only social life I have...I know how sad that is, you don't have to tell me). I'd drop her and start a new character altogether. Or just stop playing, take a break. But as Scott pointed out, that would mean an almost total party turnover again as somebody scrambles to be the cleric.
So I'm coming back, but I reserve the right to be happy about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment