Friday, April 29

Grouch

I'm not always the most pleasant person when I wake up in the morning. That's why I grabbed myself a new pair of pj's when I was shopping last week. Rage pink, Sesame Street, Oscar the grouch jammies...with my name stamped across the bum..."Grouch".

I have less of a problem with my grouchiness if allowed to wake up on my own time. 8 minutes (a "snooze")of quiet to think back over my dreams and appreciate the weather outside, is usually good.

I have rarely had that in the last few years. Usually my dreams start to get good at around 8:00 am...you know, the ones where I can fly or breath under water or solve the worlds problems...or, you know, the sex ones...But being woken up every morning (6:00 am!)by a hyper 3 years old has not improved my inner world one bit. There's nothing like a little knee to the kidney to put me off of negotiations with the pope and make me want to start nuclear holocaust...or at least make me really grouchy for the rest of the morning, which might continue into the afternoon depending on how my morning went. Sometimes I wish there was a large garbage can that I could hide away in.

No comments: