As I've said before, getting up at 5 am to deliver the papers gives me a lot of time to think. It also gives me the opportunity to pay close attention to my surroundings. That is something that I used to love doing as a child, but now that I have adult responsibilities, I don't really do anymore. Not that I'm not aware of my surroundings...They just aren't as important to me, as say, what Liam is getting into at the moment.
This morning was very cool (in both meanings of the word) as I got to actually watch a windstorm blow in.
When I left the house at about 5:20, there were clouds in the sky, but I could see starry patches as well. 15 minutes later I heard this deep rumbling which really startled me out of my vampire* induced reverie. I looked up and couldn't see anything deferent, the wind was still, I know because I actually tried to sniff the wind...I figure that if a predator is nearby, maybe I'd be able to smell it. I know it's weird, but when you are by yourself in the dark, it really does make sense.
*(last nights roleplaying adventure, for those of you who don't get the reference)
Continuing on, much more alert now, I got 5 minutes further, to the darkest stretch of road on the route. The trees off to the side of the road which were completely hidden in darkness. A flash from behind me lit my surroundings, and I jumped. Silly me, I started counting 1-elephant, 2 elephant, and got to 21-elephants before I heard the rumble.
Cool! Thunder and lightning is my favorite weather type. It's strange that I couldn't smell the ozone, I'm usually pretty aware of atmosphere changes. Either I smell it, or I feel it through migraines...
It took another 10 minutes before the rain started falling in big, fat droplets. I didn't see or hear anymore T&L, but it didn't take much longer before the winds started moving and building up to storm force winds.
All and all an enjoyable morning :)
~~~
I wanted to thank Sean again for making dinner last night. It was so nice to not be in such a rush, and to be able to sit and enjoy the company for once. It gave a whole new feel to the evening for us...but I'll let Dan talk for himself ;)
~~~
So now that Lucius has touched the rapier, what are we going to do? Do we find a way out of here? Or go looking for a Methuselah? I believe Lazarus is MIA back at home...I vote nobody else touches the rapier as it is obviously a holy artifact of some sort...now who do we know that might have the faith to weld a holy weapon?...hmmmm
*evil grin*
No comments:
Post a Comment