Tuesday, November 16

Gaming Nights

So here's the story, out on the table...Wednesday nights are very hectic for Dan and I. Between cooking, dealing with kids, hosting, and getting the garbage and recycling ready to go out for Thursday morning, by the time dinner is ready both Dan and I are in pissy moods. Dan is especially grumpy because I tend to get less motivated the closer it is to the kids bedtime, and thus less helpful. That is a daily occurance though, due to the fact that I have dealt with my two lovely children for the past 11 hours and am sick of butting heads with them...

Anyways, we have mentioned before the option of taking turns making dinner on gaming nights. I'm not sure that it was taken seriously, but I for one would really like to try it out. I guess just not having dinner here is an option as well, but personally I really like the social time before we start.

My idea is that everyone takes a night to make a dinner. They would cover the cost and do the cooking. If others wish to bring stuff as well, they are welcome to. For example Dan bbq's one week, he provides the food which would most likely be hamburgers, buns, potato's or fries and a salad, and the fixin's...I do another week (we'd get 2 nights cause there's 2 of us) And I'd do up a big Thai noodle dish or sushi or spagetti sauce or whatever, you get the picture. Pizza and take-out is fine, but it is the "cooks" responsibilty to pay. I realize that that might be unfair cost-wise, but over time and when you take labour into consideration, these things work out.

My idea of a schedule is this...

Tomorrow : Sean will do stroganoff (sp?)
Next week : Dan
Week after : Kevin
Week after : Me, and I'm liking the sushi idea maybe with hot&sour soup
Week after : Stacy
Week after : Back to Sean

So basically you would make dinner about once a month, depending on how the gaming schedule is. What do people think? Please email me or leave a comment...

No comments: