Monday, November 29

Green eyed x-mas monster

I know, I know, I've been neglecting you guys again :( But for a good reason! I've been wallowing a lot lately over a few events, and I wanted to wait till my blood pressure returned to a more reasonable level. Ranting and venting are two different things, and poor Dan usually takes the brunt of it. Don't get me wrong, he usually still deserves a kick in the butt, but I shouldn't have to crawl to him afterwards looking for my boot.

*grunt* Just a sec while I set up a couple of soap boxes *gasp* here .

*puff*

Ok so the stressful event.

Dan gets invited yearly to the Grand Ganash Bash at some swanky hotel downtown. I was invited as well (My name was down as "and guest") but we felt that being the x-mas season and all, and how busy we have and will be, maybe I should just pass on this event. The kids should get a little bit of our time before x-mas. So Dan got to go of course and I stayed home...

Hang on I'm going to switch soapboxes

*thump, tap, tap, tap, tap, pa-thump*

here's part of the issue. Dan claims that he is almost caught up to me in "days off" owed from 18 months of pregnancy and 15 months of breastfeeding....hmmm, lets see here, carry the 1...that's 2 years and 9 months of doing nothing but producing offspring...we've been married for 3 and a half years...yeah right!

*thump, tap, tap, tap, tap, pa-thump*

So he still has this ticket for "and guest", so he holds a draw at work to see who gets to go with him...I'll admit that up till this point I didn't really care, I would have stuck out like a sore thumb in a room full of stinky Rich people anyways (that's right, capital R, Rich people)...but out of all of the names he could have picked, he grabbed someone's name that I couldn't deal with...I'll call her Barstar...and it's not that I don't like her, she seems nice enough, but she reminds me of what I was like five years ago when Dan and I met...I have an unreasonable hate-on for her and it has nothing to do with anything she's done, it's just that I feel threatened by her youth, beauty, perkiness and ability to go without a bra...is that so wrong??? I just don't feel that I can compete anymore.

*Thump, tap, tap, tap, ta-trip, limp, pa-thump*

So after a very long day of dealing with the kids, and then a long evening alone feeding them dinner, giving baths and putting them to bed (along with the inevitable battles that go with) I sank into a luke-warm bubble bath and tried to read for the first time in weeks. 15 mins into it Dan stumbles in the bathroom and grunts a hello in my direction. I pulled the plug and followed him into the bedroom wanting to hear the story of his evening. All I got in return was a few grunts as he sprawled out on the bed...oh look! It's 8:45 and my husband is gooned!...So I went directly to what was important, where's the goods? The Grand Ganash Bash is all about chocolate, and the deal was he could go if he brought me back some...of course all Dan would say about it was a series of grunts, so feeling a little depressed I left him to our spinning bedroom and went downstairs to play on the computer. Later after he had somehow managed to undress himself I found a very melted lump of goodies in his pocket, but that wasn't in time to cheer me up, that's for sure...Oh yeah, and when I finally came to bed he was spread out across the whole bed. I asked him to move and he finally said something coherent..."Sure Julia"

(on a side note, neither of us know a Julia, and I'm giving the him the benefit of the doubt)

*Thump, tap, limp, tap, limp, pa-thump*

I went shopping and found an x-mas outfit for this year. This was the first time I've shopped in years and haven't come away with a complex about clothing sizes. Btw, I highly recommend Cleo's for women who actually have dimensions besides up and down.

*Thump, tap, tap, huff, tap, pa-thump*

I visited my Dr last week and finally talked to her about a few things that have been bothering me (not the least, I got her to check out the mutating lump on Dan's head). My biggest problem, of course, is my weight. I've been eating low-fat for months and walking for at least an hour every day for over a year. Dr. Giles admits that is more than most people do. I watch my calorie consumption, buy the healthy version of things in the store, and have been working on my water intake...why then am I still gaining weight?

Today I'm fasting so I can get my thyroid checked out this afternoon. Dr. Giles has also prescribed this pill that I'm not too sure about yet. I really do trust my doctor btw. This pill hampers the enzyme in my stomach that absorbs fat. So 30% of the fat that I take in, doesn't touch my system, it just gets flushed. The medication also doesn't enter my system, it acts completely in my stomach. So the only side effects is an upset stomach if I eat to much fat. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop...I have lost a couple of pounds in the last week though, so I'll try it for awhile and see what it can do...That sounds like a mad scientist sort of thing to say...

Well I'm going to put these soap boxes away now...

No comments: