This is why I don't watch TV...
I know, I know. It isn't actually on TV, it's on the internet. But the same message applies. Anything is fair game when it comes to ratings. Back in the 80's my parents owned a bad Arnie movie "Running Man". Sometimes I can foresee the sort of shows portrayed in that movie as not being too far off...One that sticks out in my mind is an image of two people climbing up a rope, trying to dislodge each other, fighting to get to a bundle of money at the top. Under the rope were vicious dogs waiting to attack the fallen. It reminds me of what I've heard about shows like Fear Factor. Of course I can't really know what I'm talking about, as I haven't really watched TV in 6 years*. And I can honestly say that I've never watched reality TV. I would rather save the $50 to $100 a month that it costs for cable, and go out and see reality for myself.
*My definition of watching TV, is sitting down and losing an entire evening in front of the tube. I have watched the odd show or movie here and there. Not too mention borrowed DVD series off of friends.
The few times that I have watched "live" TV, I remember the commercials better then the shows themselves. There's something wrong with that.
We bought a TV last week for the living room. That way I can stick in a movie for Liam to watch and I can do housework. The child is already addicted. Even with educational videos. There is a definite difference to how easy he is to deal with when the TV is on or off.
Isn't brainwashing fun??
No comments:
Post a Comment