Monday, April 10

April Showers



I'm looking for a new diversion to help get me out of my current rut. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking something along the lines of an extreme sport, or international jewelery theft.

If I can just find the time to work out...
Actually time isn't an issue, it's opportunity. There aren't many options out there while dragging two toddlers along, and the gyms that do child minding are expensive...not to mention to far to walk to.

Do..do do. A Drivers licence would help, I just need to stop putting it off. Really I'm having issues with the size of my comfort zone. I hate that I've let it get so small and focused. Where has my invincible attitude gone? It's been replaced by someone I don't recognize as myself anymore...

Giving spare change to a homeless person? I used to carry change for that very reason, but now it goes to buying my kids kinder surprise eggs.

Spending hours debating world politics with complete strangers? It used to happen when I rode the bus, or hung out at the pub...now I'm lucky if I read an article in the paper after an event takes place.

Using Eco-friendly products and making environmental statements with my clothing? Yeah right. Eco-friendly costs money...or takes time. The only statement I make with my appearance anymore is with sweat pants and a comfy shirt. Frump!

My new years resolutions this year were pretty simple...

-Size 14
-Finish this latest contract (miniature painting) by May
-Take a trip for our 5th wedding anniversary somewhere that we both want to go
-Get "N" (for New driver) licence in November
-Raise kids to be good people

I'm behind on the painting, but not by much. The trip won't happen. I am still losing inches off my butt, but I'm not sure how since I'm not putting any effort into it right now. The license is a work in progress. For the bottom one though, I'm thinking I need a little work on myself first. I am a long way from being a good person, at least the way I once defined it. Perhaps a redefinition of myself is in order.

Now I need only to find a way to avoid Interpol ;)

1 comment:

tenhairytoes said...

in order to avoid the fuzz you need someone to take the heat. I know a bunch of young guiable guys up here that would be perfect. And your butt is looking fabulous.