Sunday, April 4

I'm gonna get in trouble for this one...

So this morning I pick up the newspaper and completely ignore the front page article on terrorists blowing themselves up, because frankly that stuff scares the begezus out of me. Instead I read how the Crystal Gardens are booming in business right now, but they are still getting shut down. Of course my biggest issue with this is that it's another example of our government completely ignoring the people of this Provence and carrying on their merry ways to raping us for every cent. (whew! Run-on sentence!) This is all at the expense of our culture, tourism, health care, human rights, education, jobs, etc, etc. I know there are a lot of flaws in that statement, but I've a point to get to, so I'm generalizing.

The difference between Canada and the US, is that in the US the government officials respect the people they govern, at least superficially. If they don't pay attention to what pots they dip their fingers into, a looney toon with a gun comes along and shoots them. BANG! And the next politician is much more careful to listen to the peoples concerns and not screw them around as much.

In Canada we don't do this, apparently because we're more civilized or something. Personally I think it's because the US people have a much more ingrained sense of nationality then we do. A government of the people, for the people. That says it right there. If the government isn't living up to that promise, it gets removed. I'm not saying that we should kill all of our politicians and start over...That would be uncivilized...But we need some new sort of checks and balances in our system, because apparently the ones the we have now don't work.

Maybe that's why we in Canada don't sing the national anthem in school anymore?

No comments: