Tuesday, April 19

Countdown from 10


“A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway place. A traveler on the plane sees the farmhouse… and thinks of home.” – Carl Burns.

The countdown is REALLY on now. School is done and today is my first day to actually have time to sit and think about what's comming up.

Yesterday:
Dan and I cooked all day. My family won't be going hungry while I'm gone! They have spagetti, and chilli and cannelloni and soup. Not to mention sausages and hamburgers and enough chickens ready for Liam's birthday BBQ to feed the small army that will be attending. The freezer is light on pizza's and tv dinners, but I'm good with that if he is!

Last night was my last Cub meeting before the trip and I admit to being a bit sad to leave at the end. We were so busy with geocaching and having fun at Royal Roads that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I will be sending this blog link out in an email to the pack later today and saying my farewells.

There are a few blogs being recorded on this trip for anyone interested in following our adventures. I'll add the links to the side bar for easy access. I will be keeping this blog as kid friendly as possible during the experience, but I can't promise the same on the other sites. So if you think that there was more going on than what I wrote about, check the others as they might give a more indepth insight, but be warned, it might not be pretty.

Today:
I'll be doing two things at once. Because of school, my house hasn't had a good spring cleaning yet this year so I'm starting in the basement and working my way up this week. Today the computer room and basement get a purge from the junk that has been collecting all winter. Some of that junk happens to be camping supplies, so I'll be doing a bit of packing as well. With serious fuel shortages and 14 hour power outages in Kathmandu right now, my cub camp supplies will be handy. Yay for my new LED lantern!

I'll also be loading up my ipod with enough reading materials and whatever apps I think might be useful while there (currency converter, city maps, translater etc.) and as many ebooks as I can fit on the drive next to all of my pictures of my kids and my music.

2 comments:

James Wilson said...

I'm really looking forward to following your trip via this blog. As always, your writing makes me think I'm right there looking over your shoulder (although, now that I think about it, I actually was right there for some of this entry).

Angie and the Boys said...

I'm so excited for you Tina!! Thank you for keeping a blog so we can all see/feel what you do. xoxo