Monday, March 27

Where's the sun?!?


Sylvia and Mike were over this weekend to celebrate Sylv's birthday. (Usually we go up island for a big family birthday party, but this year we couldn't attend for a few reasons. ) While here Sylvia asked why I hadn't blogged in a while...which I don't have an answer for, except laziness and being busy with other things. So happy birthday Sylvia, here's a really big post for you :)

~Daffodil~ (you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it)

The Sca event was part of the reason we couldn't go up island the weekend before last. Dan got me tickets to go for Valentine's Day and I had been working on the costumes for a month.

Anyone who had seen my Mom and Randy's house when they just bought it might recognize the brown velvet curtains that she hated so much ;) I surprised myself at how adept I was at sewing...especially since there were no actual patterns used, just vague descriptions and a couple of sketches pulled from the net. Dan's belt pouch blew a few of my brain cells as I was going from a painting done in the 1400's. I still think it's a little big, but we needed somewhere to keep diaper bag stuff, and women didn't wear large purses, just little "pockets". I did up a doll for Teresa as well, to help keep her entertained, but that got forgotten on the rush to get out the door.

My inspirations for Dan and I are here and here
The kids are pretty much just styles that I wanted to try, tossed together. Since they probably won't fit them if we go to another event this summer, I'm tempted to sell them on ebay...

Another note...It took me and Leanne over an hour to get into these outfits, and next time I'm making myself a proper corset. If there's such a thing as reverse stretch marks...I've still got them!

~Bill and Leanne~

Reason number two for not going up island, Bill and Leanne came down for the weekend. It was really good to see them, and a lot more fun then past visits since we were able to dump the kids on my Mom for a night. Thanks Mom :) Lots of alcohol was had by all, which is maybe a little unfortunate since I now can't remember what we did, I just know it was fun.

As another side note...Congrats to Cory and Shannon, who tied the knot recently in a quiet ceremony on a ski hill :) Love the ski pants Shannon!

~Kevin and Cheryl's wedding~

Another wedding...Congrats to Kevin and Cheryl who have finally announced the date. Now I just have to find a new dress :)

~Kids update~

Liam and Teresa are doing well. I have them both registered in classes at the rec center for summer. Liam is in martial arts and Tess is in gymnastics. Basically they are both gymnastics but Liam wants to know how to fight after getting his chance to swing a nerf bat around at the Daffodil Festival. Hopefully martial arts will satisfy this new obsession and teach him a little control and respect.

Teresa is saying more and more words every day...when she isn't a cat "Meow", a dog "Woof,woof" or a Dinosaur "Roar!". She goes for hours crawling on all four and pretending she's an animal or extinct reptile.

~EVE~

I've given EVE a break since my wonderful co-pilot picked a fight with a PC pirate and blew up my sports ship. He bought me an assault frigate last night, so you might see me more online again...I just don't have the patience to drive a slow ship. Give me SPEED!!!

~Spring Cleaning~

It's that season again. I can't wait to purge my wardrobe of winter cloths, bleach the window sills, wash the walls and landscape the backyard. I've already started on a few things. Dan has built me a cupboard under the stairs for my painting stuff which will help keep our computer room tidier...AAAAAAGGGHH! I need it to be summer!

~Dan~

I love you. Thanks for putting up with my mood swings this past winter. Summer will of course be fantastic again, but winter makes me blue. Sex tonight??

Cheers! Here's to another great summer together :D

P.S.
New site format for the new season :) I cleaned up my links, fixed some of them and deleted others that weren't updating.....Flotsom is still there though...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, sex tonight. That means I get it twice this year. *grin*

tenhairytoes said...

holy crap i know most of those people...but who is the giant on the right side of the photo? Dude is taller than me! We had a great time and look forward to our next visit.

Anonymous said...

**laugh** Nice Bill **grin**

Wish I hadn't worked all weekend...Evie and I have been working 'extra' shifts so we can pay for our own landscaping...no free time, but soon (touch wood) we'll have a finished back yard!

Hoping the next trip Bill and Leanne make to Vic, Evie and I get a chance to visit!

Like the new site layout Tina...very clean :)

Shaymus