The reason I enjoy blogging so much, is that it gives me a chance to get things off my chest. In the past I've even used it as a confessional of sorts. Admitting my sins to an audience of my peers is, in a strange way, very liberating. I'm not the most vocal person in person, I have a hard time talking about the hard stuff. Writing it out helps me get my points across better, without the fear of being misunderstood.
I've been bugged recently that my posting has become boring. I see that as a good thing. It means that my life has settled down. Become secure. It is better than it has ever been.
Dan used to get upset when I vented about things going on in our private life. Fair enough, his sins are not mine and not mine to talk about in this confessional of peers. I use him as an example because he has taken an interest in reading up on the blogging phenomenon. Apparently the professionals say that Rule #1 of blogging is "Don't tell anyone you know about your blog". That way nobody gets hurt when you end up writing about them.
The last little while my world has been changing around me. Actually "my" isn't the word I want. "The" world is changing around me? Not quite it either. The Ferris wheel of fortune has been moving...I guess that works. Dan and I are just getting better and better, life is good and everything is looking up. Unfortunately others lives are going down as we go up, and it's a little heart breaking.
There's nothing I can do about it, which is the worst part. Over the last few years living in security for the first time in my life, I've become a bit of a control freak. I like my life to fit the pattern I lay out for it. I have to remind myself that I can't make others follow a pattern that they don't create themselves. I can't do it for them.
It makes me cry.
Notice I never said names? Not my sins to talk about, but I still need to get the feelings off my chest. This is what is happening in my life right now and I needed to talk about it.
Thanks for listening to my rant of little content.
4 comments:
Glad to see that you're still around, and that things are going well in life for you. Sorry that you've been having a hard time with whatever it is that is bothering you.
*hugs* for Tina, and everyone else who needs them. Yup, you know who you are.
Sometimes not doing anything, or not being able to help is the worst part of being a friend. Whether it's 'cause of physical geography, or emotional geography, sometimes "being there" for a friend when things get shitty is far more complicated than it seems it ought to be. To pretty much everyone who reads Tina's blog (including Mistress Storyteller Goddess Forum dominatrix herself): even though we've moved on from Vic physically, we still care about all of you we left behind. We miss you all. But remember that we're just an e-mail / phone call away. To hell with the physical geography anyways - what's 500 km between friends????
Hang in there.
comes from the both of us.
bilbo
People have to be willing to help themselves. Until that is the case, all they do is drag you down with them.
Post a Comment