Wednesday, July 6

Hey Look!

It's a new post!

Sorry I haven't been around posting lately, I'm kind of wrapped up in my forum right now. I'm very excited about how well it's going, I can easily see how I could edit out the out of charecter stuff and it would tell a great little story. Sort of like those campfire stories that got told back in Brownies and Cubs where one person starts and the next person has to add to the story...

Anyways...

Speaking of camping, the 16th and 17th of this month...who's up for Lizard Lake? Bill and Leanne are in town and we'll be going up with a few of our neighbors. Kevin has hinted at coming out for the day (which I'll believe when I see it) and Randy and April can't make it. That leaves at least three people who read this blog unaccounted for...so are you in? There will be swimming and hiking and drinking and drinking...and drinking. And sitting in the sun...drinking

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MAY be able to make it up for a day...can't drink that much, and can't stay that long...packing to do and all that :)

I finished packing up the 'man' room last night though!! Woo hoo! Shocked the heck out of Evie at how much I did in an evening! :)

Does Lizard Lake allow dogs?? If so, I may well go out with Logan...although I'd have to arrange with Evie to take the truck...the car isn't built for the Malahat :(

Shaymus

Sylentlucidity said...

Dogs are allowed, and the malahat is the least of your worries...after you go through Duncan it's all logging roads baby! ;)

Mistress Bright Eyes said...

And that road eats mufflers - and e-brake cables - be warned!!!!

It's totally worth the trek tho - TOTALLY. :)

Sylentlucidity said...

All of your cars are on the brink of falling apart anyways Leanne :p Don't blaim the poor road...

Unknown said...

malahat? is this the lizard lake I remember? I thought you went thru Sooke to get to Lizard Lake...

Sylentlucidity said...

It's much quicker to drive to Duncan -> around Cowichan lake -> through the back logging roads to Liazard Lake... cuts like 2 hours from the drive although it's a little easier to get lost. The province is planning on paving the route from Port Renfrew to Cowichan either this year or next year as a "scenic route" or another way around the Malahat if you don't mind the extra time and the curvy-ness of the road up the west side of the island :) It's also to allow better travel between Sooke/Jordan River/Port Renfrew and up island. I guess there used to be a railway through there for the resources industries that is gone now.