Hello! Happy Saint Patrick's Day :)
I've been remiss on the whole blogging thing for quite awhile now, I know. I'm pretty sure that nobody actually reads this anymore...oh well. It might be easier to write for myself right now instead of to an audience. Not that I mind anyone else listening in or commenting... but at this time of the year I always spend a lot more time looking inwards and self-evaluating, than worrying about what is happening in the world around me. It helps keep me positive until the social season starts up again :)
On the family front...While I was changing Liam this morning, Teresa helped herself to my (half-full and luke-warm) cappuccino mug of coffee...They are both having a grand time jumping and spinning around in the living room as I write this...
This weekend was a lot of fun. The weather was idyllic, with a little wind the first night we were there (all the better for hot-tubing) and perfect sunshine for the rest of the weekend. The cabin was perched on a bluff (aka cliff) at least a km above the ocean, and overlooking the entire inner corridor between Sidney to Saltspring. We could see Washington to Millbay before Saltspring cut off our view. At one point I waved to you guys... On Saturday night Dan and I saw the meteor over the island from the hot tub. Green tail for luck I guess :)
We probably spent 5 hours playing Frisbee golf on Pender's 27 basket course. I had a blast, although my muscles were killing me on day two. The first round I shot at + 22...Dan says that for my first time I did awesome on a 27 hole course :) 5 better than average... But then he shot a +6...
The cabin itself was gorgeous. Tiffany lamps and bouquets of daffodils, a roaring fire in the fireplace when we walked in set the comfort level for the whole weekend :) We ate like royalty the entire time :) If anyone else is interested in a romantic or relaxing weekend let us know, and we'll hook you up with Penny and Wally who run the place...there is also a bed and breakfast on the (10 acre) property if making your own food and bed doesn't appeal to you :) It was a very affordable trip all in all :)
~~~
Down to the inner reflection part of the post.
I've lost contact with somebody that I used to be very close to, and am trying very hard to get back in touch with her again...If anyone sees my inner diva, tell her to come back! I miss her...
Of course it's not as sad as I make it out to sound, but it has been a long time since I've felt invincible. It was an inner core than I used to cultivate, my inner hero/queen/goddess...she was lost at some point and replaced by a husband and two kids. But as the kids are now growing and walking around on their own, talking and pushing me away (it's a two year old thing), more and more I wish she would come back again. She was always there when I needed motivation or just to feel beautiful... I could always count on her to take me dancing in a thunderstorm or skinny-dipping in the reservoir. She was always thin and graceful, she never hesitated to speak her mind and could talk her way out of most situations. I'm not sure where she went or what scared her away, but I'm working on it and hope to get her back sometime soon :) I'm sure she'd get along well with the kids once they got used to her...
~~~
On another not quite so psychotic note...I'm working on the Feng shui energy in my home and would like more house plants :) If anyone has plants that they want to get rid of, or that can spare a few clippings I'd be very appreciative :)
~~~
Leanne and Bilbo are in town next week (actually tomorrow on)and would like to see everyone sometime this weekend. A bbq might be in order on Saturday night. Byob and byom and pass the word along to whomever wants to come (Brian maybe?) Just send us an email so we know how many chairs to set up :) Maybe people would want to go in on some bubba's ? Of course I no longer do the papers...except for the next day, but I will be well rested and intend on staying up to do them at around 2 am :)
~~~
And just because I used it as my quote today and in honour of Saint Patrick's Day...My favorite U2 song :)
U2 LYRICS
"Mysterious Ways"
Johnny take a walk with your sister the moon
Let her pale light in to fill up your room
You've been living underground
Eating from a can
You've been running away
From what you don't understand...
Love
She's slippy
You're sliding down
She'll be there when you hit the ground
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
She moves in mysterious ways
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
She moves in mysterious ways
Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain
Let her talk about the things you can't explain
To touch is to heal
To hurt is to steal
If you want to kiss the sky
Better learn how to kneel
(on your knees boy)
She's the wave
She turns the tide
She sees the man inside the child
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
She moves in mysterious ways
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
She moves in mysterious ways
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
Lift my days, light up my nights
One day you will look...back
And you'll see...where
You were held...how
By this love...while
You could stand...there
You could move on this moment
Follow this feeling
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
She moves in mysterious ways
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
She moves in mysterious ways
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
We move through miracle days
Spirit moves in mysterious ways
She moves with it
She moves with it
Lift my days, light up my nights
No comments:
Post a Comment