
It might be because of the seasonal hiatus, but is it me or does gaming seem less and less durable?
The old group seems to be parting ways bit by bit, between schedules and RL commitments. Dan and I have sort of talked about it. He thinks I'm being silly. Maybe he sees something that I don't.
I hope so...maybe it's some sort of 7 year itch thing :)
So during the hiatus Dan has been training a new group of gamers with New Orleans by Night. Which is very fun, but his heart still lays in D&D. He has approached the subject of me running my Transylvania campaign for our less experienced friends. I'm thinking about it :)
With the old group, I always had a hard time getting past my inexperience (and the big boots I had to fill). I didn't nessarily know the rules as well as I should have. I always worried about keeping everyone happy, above and beyond the call I think. I think that was disruptive to the story. Or maybe it wasn't, maybe the story was disruptive to the gameplay...I don't know. I'm hoping that I can enlist Dan for help when it comes to rolls and rulings. I have a lot more fun just setting the scenes ;) Hopefully then I can find my groove and the numbers will come with experience.
I would love feedback from anyone who played in my shortlived Demon, Vancouver, or Transylvania campaigns.
For the New Orleans group...Don't worry, this isn't even an option until after Montreal :D
2 comments:
On a side note, the Dark Tides forum is gone. I guess bravenet bought them up :(
Good thing I printed everything out when we stopped playing :)
I am realy enjoying this RPG of New Orleans / Montreal we have going on. Keep up the good work...
Post a Comment