Tuesday, January 9

They all called me Anna...



I read the most recent post over at Thursday's Child which had this vid posted from uTube...

That sent me on a surf through the creators other stuff where I found this one.

Which eventually brought me to this site.

Dove (soap) has started a huge campaign going right now against the fashion industry standards and sizism. They have a foundation called the Dove self-esteem fund the campaign for real beauty". They have been touted on Jay Leno, Good Morning America and by the talk show diva herself...the illustrious and diet prone Oprah.

I read today in the paper that Italy is making it law that models must adhure to a size/weight standard (above the skeletual norm). Exciting stuff.

It must be January. These kinds of demonstrations always effect me more when it's dreary outside.

***

Guess what my new years resolutions are this year?

- Spend more time being concerned about the enviroment and doing my part to reduce emmissions...

- Work on my parenting skills and look for new avenues to be effective. It's easy to just find a technique that works and stick with it, but the kids are constantly changing and what worked last week won't nessisarily work today. They are sort of like the flu that way ;p If I want to be a good parent and teach good lessons and promote good self esteem, I need to stay on top of their changing behaviors... ...wish me luck.

- Oh look! Weight loss!

Even though my husband insists that I'm a hottie and somewhere in my brain I KNOW it when I look in the mirror... I still don't fit into most store bought XL clothes. Mind you I get ignored by the sales people in the plus size boutiques now...but still. How scary is that? The GAP tells me that I'm too big to wear their clothing so I need to diet till I am?

Since this blog began (march 2004) I've averaged about 2 clothing sizes a year (Size 20 down to 14) I'm pretty obsessed with losing weight the laziest ways possible,and I'm guessing that besides gaming, me whinning about feeling fat has been the number one topic of my posts. I'm obviously not THAT concerned about my weight. My health isn't at risk....I'd have put more effort into losing weight if it was. But I must have a complex about it.

- Identify all the things I have complexes about and get over them! That's a new one as of today :) If I were to sit down and write them out my list would be as long as my arm. Stay tuned this year for Sylentlucidity's mental detox.

Next time I whine about my weight, give me a smack will you? I should fracking know better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read today that the "minimum weight" that Italy is talking about is 125 for a 5ft 7 model. That is still below normal for that height so they still have a ways to go. PS: I think you are beautiful!

Sylentlucidity said...

The latest commercial.