There's a thread over at the snopes.com forum about favorite childhood movies, and whether or not they are still good now. I haven't heard a lot of chatter out there lately, so I'd like to start a discussion...
What were your favorite movies as a kid, and have you seen them lately?
***********************************
A list of what they have so far, it really sparked some memories for me :) Some of it I've never heard of. All titles link to the IMDB entries.
Biggles – Adventures in Time
The Princess Bride
Ladyhawke
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
A Muppet's Christmas Carol
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Doctor Doolittle
Swiss Family Robinson
Candleshoe
Million Dollar Duck
Hot Lead and Cold Feet
Apple Dumpling Gang
Love Bug & all the Herbie movies
No Deposit No Return
Gullivers Travels
Howard the Duck
My Fair Lady
Wizard of Oz
The Neverending Story
Anything by Don Knotts
Labyrinth
The Cat from Outer Space
Thomasina
The Muppet Movie
the Great Muppet Caper
The Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
Spartacus
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Paint Your Wagon
Faeries
The Dark Crystal
The Mouse and his Child
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Mysterious Island
Journey to the Center of the Earth
After the Fox
A Shot in the Dark
Fantasia
High Plains Drifter (edited for tv version)
Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Pink Panther
The Jungle Book
E.T.
The Star Wars trilogy
The Last Unicorn
Time Bandits
The Frog Prince (with Helen Hunt)
The Care bears in Wonderland
The Borrowers
Electric Dreams
The Snow Queen
The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town
Goonies
Flight of the Navigator
Robin Hood (Disney)
Lady and the Tramp
Watership Down
To this list I would add (imho)...
The Outsiders
Willow
The Ewock Adventure
Ewocks, the Battle for Endor
The little Match girl
Return to Witch Mountain
Short Circuit
Batteries Not Included
Tales from the Crypt
Cat Balou
Duck Tails the Movie
Pollyanna
Anne of Green Gables
Superman 3
The Black Hole
Mad Max
Search for the Lost City of Gold
Grease
Splash!
Legend
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Home Alone
Hook
Grizzly Adams
Wierd Science
Breakfast Club
Earth Girls are Easy
Once Bitten
Dirty Dancing
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Movie)
Big
Red Sonja
High Spirits
Ferris Buellers Day off
Beatlejuice
Running Man
Child of Glass I loved the Blossom Culp series by Richard Peck. This movie was based on "Ghosts I have Been". The first book in the series.
Hmmmmmm, most of my favorite movies came out between 1986 and 1991...I guess that was my prime movie watching childhood years. How 'bout you?
3 comments:
wow, I really was deprived as a child! I do remember a lot of those movies, but definitely not all of them. My favourites are on there; the Herbie movies, the Star Wars movies, and so on.
You missed one, though: The Secret of Nymh. My sister-in-law got that for the kids this year, and although it's a little scary for K (who's a bit of a wimp :-) I loved it as much as I did 20+ years ago.
jackie
We got that one too :) L is a wimp as well, T has no problem with "scary" parts, but L will leave the room every time...on that note I'll also include The Land Before Time. Which we bought for it's 15th years anniversary addition. T LOVES that movie! L finds something else to do while it's on ;)
A lot of the movies I don't recognize on the list were either cartoons from Japan, or "World of Disney" movies. Look at the links to IMDB, you might be surprised...When I was little, we had the bunny ears on the old tv, and maybe 3 channels...every Sunday night was "world of Disney", while the grown-ups watched hockey on the other tv in the livingroom :) I also remember watching "Beach Combers", "you can't do that on Television" and "Fraggle rock",around that era as well.
Post a Comment