Here's a post that I'm expecting many of you will ignore. My birthday is in 27 days and I'm expecting to start getting those awkward "What do you want for your birthday dear?" phone calls any day now. Hopefully this will give my family an idea of what I'm intersted in right now, and the things that would be useful for me in my latest business endeavor :)
A lot of the things I want right now are hobby tools...
- any or all sizes of good, fine point, red sable paint brushes (for fine details on models)... Micheal's should have them, if not, the dollar store ones are ok.
- a paint organizer...I know what I want, but I don't know if they sell it in Canada... but train hobby stores might sell something like this...or Micheal's
- A years subscription to White Dwarf Magazine ... This is one magazine that you are allowed to buy for the pictures. The articles are really good too, painting techniques gallore :) At that price though it's not in my budget normally.
other things...
- Garden nick nacks ... like a little statue of Buddha or a neat trellis or nice planters ... I like funky :)
- Jasmine plant to grow outside
I was day dreaming today about our backyard. I can't wait until the weather starts to get nicer again. I'd love to get out there and plant more grass seed, do a little weeding, replant the hanging planters :) We are thinking about planting a trellis of Jasmine up on the balcony to help block the sun from our bedroom upstairs. When the sun shines in the windows to our room it really heats the entire upstairs. Last year the tarp worked really well at keeping the upstairs cooler, but looked terrible. And Jasmine smells really nice :) If it grows well, I'd like to plant a planter of it for out front as well :)
So, ya, the miniature painting is going really well. I've completed 1 army of 40+ figures and two other contracts of "signature" pieces. I have 1 other army of 50+ pieces that I am putting together and getting ready to paint and a test piece for a guy who wants me to do 10 pieces and a tank. Thankfully he likes to put his own pieces together, that isn't my favorite thing to do :) I guess what I'm saying is that I'm very busy, and enjoying myself a lot.
On another note, Dan and I are talking about making Liam's birthday into our first dinner party of the year. We are thinking of an American style backyard bbq with beer(or coke)can chickens and ribs, homemade bbq sauce and sports in the backyard :) We'll do the grill, you bring the potato/pasta/coleslaw salad and byob.
Mid-May, keep it in mind, anyone is welcome :)
3 comments:
You can always come over to my place and pick those damn weeds that keeps coming back in my yard. Unfortunately I do not have the green thumb that Dan and Dad seems to have. When I think it is flowers it is weed. When I think it is a weed and pick it, it turns out to be a flower. I'll stick with running and sports. That I do know. :)
Weeds are just flowers or plants that you don't want anymore :) A lot of the stuff that grows up in your lawn is actually good for medicinal purposes...just tell everyone it's an herb garden :)
BBQ in mid may, huh? We might just be able to make it out for that. :) Keep us posted on the details - you thinking the weekend of the 13th, or the weekend of the 20th? And oh yeah, do ya want house guests???? ;)
Oh, and just for the record, kudos for the advance planning!!!! I don't think too many folks can argue with 3.5 months advance notice! ;)
Post a Comment