Hey Lucid Thoughts - although I enjoyed the "Ode to my husband" I keep checking for a new post.... :(
Regards,
Bid.
I guess it's time for another post than :)
This year my blog posting has fallen off due to our busy schedules. I'll try to sum it all up here for you.
I guess I'll cover the kids first :)
Liam and Teresa are growing up way to fast. I'd love to make Teresa stop growing and stay just as she is right now. For all the drama and tantrums she is very sweet and just the most perfect little girl ever. Liam, I would fast forward until he's past this "I have to do everything myself and by the way you suck" stage. He is also the most perfect little boy ever, very imaginative and creative. He is very good at coloring pictures, building forts or crashing cars. He is usually very patient with Teresa and loves to teach her new things. Teresa has started to talk over the last year, and now uses words like "Delicious", "fingers", and "princess". She names her dollies names like "Sarah" and "baby", and she LOVES Dora the Explorer. Liam has started playschool ans is making friends with both boys and girls. After his last class before Christmas break, he said he has a girlfriend named Alissa. I don't think he knows what a girlfriend is though. At least I hope not.
Dan has had a busy year as well. On the work front he is sitting on the Social Committee for the island and helped to plan and host several company wide events. His baby "the Knight to Remember" was a complete success, and a great excuse for me to buy us matching Renaissance outfits :) This year was a big one for Reno's. In the spring Dan and his dad and granddad ripped apart our living room and took out the fireplace. They then laid down laminate flooring and painted the main floor. In the summer we stained our deck and planted a successful garden back in the common area. And in the fall with the departure of Scott from our basement, we finally got rid of the ancient red shag carpet and put down Berber. Transforming our dungeon into a comfortable playroom for the kids. In the "fun" category, Dan wrapped up his 2.5 year D&D campaign. He saw both Oasis and Greenday in concert and came in 1st or 2nd place in every D&D tournament he played in this year. We threw several successful parties this year, my personal favorite being the "Wine and Cheese" party in August. But also the "Seafood Feast" and our "Serf and Turf". There was also the "Sushi Dare" where certain individuals claimed they could eat way more than they did.
I'm sort of switching to the "we" section of this post here. We both became addicted to our first MMORPG this year...Eve. I can't even begin to talk about it or I'll go on forever...and only half of you will understand what I'm saying :)
We made new friends this year. Bridget and Jean Marc have been sucked into our circle of friends. We have them hooked on obscure boardgames from Germany now and card games put out by Steve Jackson... Mwa-ha-ha. Other than their impending geekiness, we enjoy their company a lot and Jacob is close to being a third sibling to Liam and Teresa :)
For myself...this year wasn't as eventful as years past, but I still got a lot accomplished as long as you count raising two kids as work. I have been working a few hours a week as security for a construction site up the street, which helps to bring in a little money and eases my guilt about staying at home. I know I'm not supposed to feel bad about staying at home and raising my kids, but I still do anyways. Having an income has always been important to me. I have also been gathering clients for my miniature painting. I just got my third contract for an army ($300) and there are three other clients waiting in the wings. With one army under my belt, I am now able to raise my prices, and I will continue to do so as my experience and talent increases :) I have also gotten my Learners Licence this year and am taking the Young Drivers defensive driving course. That will start up again in the new year :) My Play-By-Post has also been a source of entertainment this year and has helped to keep me sharp. It will start up again in early January when Dan goes back to work.
My New Years resolutions for next year :
-Size 14
-Finish this latest contract by May
-Take a trip for our 5th wedding anniversary somewhere that we both want to go
-Get "N" (for New driver) licence in November
-Raise kids to be good people
5 comments:
They sucked me into my first MMORPG as well. (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game - defined for Sylvia) EVE is like feeding crack to a computer nerd. Thanks Dan & Tina.
Mike
The only problem with this time of the year is realising that it has been over two years since we left the island and how much we miss you guys. Clink, clink...to the New year, have a great one!
ps."N" in november?!?
"N" in November?? I'm guessing it has to do with the next level in getting your license.
There, edited it to make more sense...
Shouldn't you guys be able to understand my garble by now ?? :)
:) Ditto to Bilbo's comment - crazy to believe that another year's gone by already! It's awesome to hear that it's been good for you all though - congrats! Happy New Years, cheers, and let's hope 06 is at LEAST as good as 05.
Post a Comment