Friday, December 31

Pent up blogging frustration

It's been so long since I've blogged that I'm actually feeling frustrated at not being able to express my thoughts.

~~~

Christmas was good, all about the kids of course. I'll probably write about it another time, but by now you've all heard us tell the stories a hundred times anyways :)

I got a couple of books, "The Davinci Code" by Dan Brown I've already read, and the latest Diana Gabaldon book (not from the "Outlander" series). I've decided that it might be a laugh to revue these books to you guys...

So out of five stars

***** outstanding, absorbing and enjoyable, amazing story, talented writing
**** Good story, good writing
*** Good story, ok writing
** Ok story, writing leaves a little to be desired
* Complete crap

Tina's Revue of The Davinci Code...

*** Good story, ok writing

I'm not sure that I would give it as much credit as the book revues do. Mr. Brown did very little original research for this book, taking information from established theories dating back centuries. For a "Sangreal virgin" though this book is a great introduction to one of the most interesting historical, theological and political mysteries in the world. The ongoing search for the Holy Grail and the various conspiracy theories surrounding the topic has been a hobby of mine since my grade 6 debate team covered it. This book will provide the uninitiated with a roadmap to the various mysteries, including Davinci's clues, the Merovigian theory, Rosslynn chapel, and the perfect number... Besides the subject matter though, the plot was a little too fluid for my taste (they figured it out in 24 hours) and the charecters didn't have much depth.

I'd go on and disseminate it right here and now, but I'm guessing that Sean at least would enjoy reading it first.

~~~

In other news, I'm officially happy.

No, seriously!

I used to make a habit BD (Before Dan)of sitting myself down and evaluating my current situation. I'd ask myself if I was happy, and if I needed to change anything in my life in order to make it more positive. Usually the answer would be "No I'm not happy" or a shallow "yes of course I am...((insert slimy boyfriend here)) is soooo dreamy". I would end up reorganizing my life and leaving that enviroment behind.

I sat myself down yesterday and asked myself those questions, and I could honestly say that yes I am happy, and nothing in my life right now is negitive and beyond my control. For the first time in my life, I don't feel the need to remodel myself. I don't feel like I need to change the structure of my life anymore........
now remodelling house is a different topic altogether ;)

~~~

A few New Years resolutions that I feel are reasonable

-lose another 20-25 lbs (I'd lost 20 lbs since November, but Christmas had me gain 7lbs back)
-upgrade my english, look into the Librarians program at Athabaska
-instill my kids with morals



No comments: