
I'm reaching another lull in my life which is usually good for introspection and re-evaluation. Which of course means some juicy inner dialog and the odd episode of psyco-babble and creative writing.
The last few years have been busy for me mentally if not physically, with several online addictions keeping me sane through the toddler years of my kids lives. I look back and wonder if there were times it was overdone (yes), but I feel we've all come out of it okay. I still spent a lot of time developing imagination, and creativity not to mention good manners and a sense of right and wrong. At this point we are all working on reality vs pretend and where that line is between imaginary problems and goals and real ones. Money of course is a very real boundary and one of those that needs to be taught and developed on many levels. We started with a small allowance for Liam and he has surprised us with how single-minded he is when it comes to spending it. He can walk through an entire toy store, but if they don't have exactly what he wants that money stays in his pocket. I wish I had the same iron will!
Teresa is going through a hard time right now because she sees her brother getting a lot of opportunities that she is still too young for. Things like sleepovers and soccer make her pout and behave badly to show how upset she is with us. At the same time she is very overactive when we did put her in music lessons she quickly got bored with it and had to be warned by the teacher for almost spinning into her guitar. *sigh* I'd love to put her into dance again, but until she's 6 the lessons are the same as she's done for the last 2 years and have become bored with. I won't say what she was doing to entertain herself there except to say she was a disruption :(
On the other hand when it comes to picking up new information, or expressing herself on paper or by singing or telling a story, she is absolutely amazing. I hope another year will see her develop a better understanding of appropriate :)
As Dan pointed out to me New Years day, this is the year that I get to decide what I want to be when I grow up. When T starts Grade One in September, it looks like I'll be starting back to school myself. Correspondence didn't work well for me, I lack the focus for it. I'll be enrolling in some adult education and upgrading for college. As for what to aim for, I'm still uninspired. I'd love biology or archeology, but being practical and realizing that I've prolly missed the boats there, nursing is my best bet I think. After all, 4 prior generations of caregivers can't be wrong?
Yeah, still no clue.
Foster care is another thing on my radar, Dan and I would both get into that.
Dan is good as always. Very loyal to his company, very stable. He makes such a great rock for me. I'd probably have washed away on another adventure by now if he wasn't there keeping me on track.
***
Gaming has started up again. I'm slowly getting back into painting and I'd love to try more creative writing. I'll try to post about it and see if we can't get a running dialog going like with the last big campaign.
Cheers!
Lucid
No comments:
Post a Comment