Dan says my blog is boring. That's why nobody reads it anymore. I can understand that, I FEEL boring. I don't want to read my crap anymore either. I haven't had a good, emotional rant in over a year...
The good news is that 'tis the season that I start to feel sorry for myself. That tends to lead to mental instability and interesting rants :) Poor Dan will get the brunt of it as per usual...but he can't expect me to be perfect 12 months of the year now can he? There is a price to pay for having a full-time stay at home sex-goddess/drudge.
***
So tattoo...
I don't tattoo myself on a whim. This dragon is my forth tattoo and just like all my others, it has a story...One day I will be old and have Alzheimer's Disease and my grand kids will be able to point to each of my tats and tell me a story of my life.
The dragon is a bookmark on my body. It symbolizes my relationship with Dan and my children as well as my descent into domesticity. The first time I met Dan, I was roped into playing D&D (and burnt the chicken when I wouldn't let him bbq it). The fact that dragons mean so much to Dan, that he also got one on his leg, make the one I got like the yin to his yang. His is standing and clawing with wings out, where as mine is lying down and protective. Mine is on my left breast over my heart. Which is where my family lives of course. Sean called me a dragon lady a few months ago when he was talking about my parenting skills...I thought it was a pretty good description of me...protective, bitchy, reactionary...it's all done with love, but also with an eye on raising them right.
So that's the story of my newest tattoo. I will be able to attach memories to it as they happen and they can be called up easier than others. I already have a hard time recalling what has happened in the last year or so. I tend to live on emotions, and once they fade, the situation attaching to them disappears from my mind.
That's the main reason why I'm still blogging, boring or not, it helps me remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment