
Dan, Bid and I sat down last night and watched "Walk the Line", the Johnny Cash story. It was a well spent 3 hours. Besides the part where I don't think I've ever seen Joquin Phoenix or Reese Weatherspoon ever act so well as they did in this movie, the story itself was enlightening and well orchestrated.
Johnny Cash was always one of those names that I associated with my parents or grandparents music (or worse, country music). As such, I don't believe I've ever actually listened to his stuff, at least not consciously, until his "Hurt" cover. (sry about the quality)
I have to applaude a man who can live his life as he did and turn it into something positive. He embraced his dark side at an early age and never let it go, but used it to help other people see.
As someone who fights her dark side all the time... (What? You didn't notice that? How long have you been reading this blog for anyways?)...I have a deep respect for his artistic temprament and achievements.
A belated tear for Johnny Cash and June Carter. The world would have been a different place without you.
2 comments:
but we will never forget...neither will our grandchildren...
and mr metallica himself went out and bought "the best of johnny cash" after we saw that movie :-)
-- jackie
Post a Comment