Friday, September 16

Weddings, blogs, kids and Eve

So first of all I have to say congrats to Stacy and Evie. It was a beautiful wedding and a lot of fun. I can still imagine the prime rib we had for dinner..Mmmmmmmmm! Of course everyone who reads this was there, so I don't feel the need to reiterate the event. Just take a moment to remember it yourselves :)

Kevin and Cheryl have started their own blog. Which means I have to get interested in mine again. It just isn't the same without the paper route. These days I don't even have time to think let alone philosophise.

Dan and I both miss gaming. Not so much the game as the chance to hang out and be social on a weekly basis. We've spent a lot of time lately hanging with the neighbors and the kids (which, don't get me wrong, is a ton of fun) but we miss the rest of you. On that note, who wants to throw the Halloween party this year? I've decided that I've hit my quota of parties for the year. At least until Christmas :) But if nobody wants to step forward, I could see a non-theme party (unless you count junk food as a theme ;) )

The kids are doing great :) I'm in negotiations with the View Royal Preschool for 1 day a week with Liam. I think it's important that he gets some structured play before kindergarten. And maybe they can smooth some of the behavioral edges that I'm having trouble with, such as sharing and being polite while eating. Teresa has a few more words like "Sliding!", "baby", "snack", and "blankie". She's started playing house with her baby dolls who get tucked in, feed and taken for walks incessantly.

Play by post is on hold until Stacy, Kevin and Leanne are ready to start again. I can work with one of you not available, but three is a little much :) That's OK, because Eve has me hooked :)

The Darren at the gaming store is supposed to put up a website for me soon so I can start dealing painted miniatures on-line...introducing www.lucidrpg.com...not much right now, but I'm hoping he gets his butt in gear soon. I have a line-up of people wanting to design it otherwise :)

Also, there is a new board game in the complex :) Jeanmark and Bridget are now throughly hooked on "better than Hasbro" board games. The latest being Betrayal at house on the Hill a Wizards of the Coast sponsered game. They also are putting out Robo Rally which I can't wait to get :) I loved that game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look ma...I'm married!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding Tina :) As far as I can tell, everyone else did too :)

As soon as I get back from the honeymoon, I'll look into getting an Eve account too...but time is of the essence! Sean may well be playing in a short while! ;)

Anonymous said...

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!! Did some1 take a break from Eve to make a post on her blog...i must enunciate once more OMFG!!!!

heh heh i spelt enunciate..and now for the learning section of my comment

Main Entry: enun·ci·ate
Pronunciation: E-'n&n(t)-sE-"At
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
Etymology: Latin enuntiatus, past participle of enuntiare to report, declare, from e- + nuntiare to report -- more at ANNOUNCE
transitive senses
1 a : to make a definite or systematic statement of b : ANNOUNCE, PROCLAIM - enunciated the new policy
2 : ARTICULATE, PRONOUNCE -enunciate all the syllables
intransitive senses : to utter articulate sounds
- enun·cia·ble /-'n&n(t)-sE-&-b&l, -'n&n-ch(E-)&-/ adjective
- enun·ci·a·tion /-"n&n(t)-sE-'A-sh&n/ noun
- enun·ci·a·tor /-'n&n(t)-sE-"A-t&r/ noun


R - a - n - d - y ...that spells Randy

Sylentlucidity said...

Thanks for those words of wisdom Dr. Luchinski.